Sunday, August 28, 2005

Moved in and Everything

Its done! Im officially a college boy. So now both aspects are complete. The return from Israel, and the stepping into college. Now i can officially compare and contrast, describe my journey, evolve my thought.
Im telling you, im really excited. It was a great move, im all settled in, got my laptop hooked up, and my friends (at least those who came to YU) in the close vicinity. But thats not whats making me comfortable. I realized something here. I work here! I work here. Lemme explain:
I have everything infront of me. I live ontop of a beit medrash, where I can grow and excel spiritually. Everything I hunger to learn is laid out infront of me. There is an amazing spiriutal staff here at Yeshiva University, ready to teach, or help me with whatever I like.
There is great group of people whom which I share a similar drive, but not necessarily a similar point of view. I can learn, challange myself - GROW! I get to do it all here, away from distractions.
And in seculuar studies, down the block are all the classes I might ever want to go to. I cant wait to pick up the books, stimulate the mind, and really just develop as a person.
There is a gym here, and a cafeteria for my physical growth ;-). And I have the privacy of my room, for working on my midot as per reflection from daily encounters.
If I am depressed, I can just be alone in my room, without anyone to bother me.
If I get homesick? I can take the hour to go home and be with my family, as I plan to do on Shabbat.
If I want to have fun, im surrounded by guys my age, but good guys, who are ready to have some good clean fun.
Its a great place, and a wonderful time in life. A time where I can grow into myself, and be the best me that I can be.
Im ready.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, my years at YU were some of the best years of my life. Enjoy. There is nothing wrong with having a little fun along the way. Good luck with everything.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Manny, I was just wondering, what is your take on platonic relationships? I'm curious to see what you think about them and how you feel about it. When you have the time, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Armoth said...

Funny that you ask that...i wonder who it is that posted it. REVEAL YOURSELF!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

won't miss Israel too much?

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great poS.POSITIVE.yo're also getting 'hit, on already.Hatzlacha.STEIG A WAY.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hatzlacha

5:14 PM  
Blogger Teddy Douglas said...

anonymous, platonic relationships, hitting on you... trying to figure out what to make of it. anyway, good luck at YU. sounds like you found your place.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Armoth said...

What do you mean, you didnt find what you need?

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Сергей said...

Hi

Please consider writing news pieces or an op-ed for Jewrusalem: Israeli Uncensored News. We strive to present different views and opinions while rejecting political correctness. Ideally, we try to make the news "smart and funny." Thus, your input is very welcome.

Best,
Alex
www.jewrusalem.net/en

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Free Web Counter
Web Counters